A couple months ago, I was nominated for the Liebster Award from the very sweet Tara Dubiel from I Dream of Simple, so a huge THANK YOU to Tara! Go check out her blog on living simple, and you’ll find a lot of great posts.
As a brand spanking new blogger, I was beyond surprised to receive her message. I’m just sorry it took me so long to get this post together to accept her nomination and spread the love to some other amazing bloggers. I just had a little too much fun with my family celebrating all things Christmas over the holiday season. Now, however, I am back at it!!
First things first, if you don’t know what the Liebster award is. The Liebster Award is an online, virtual award, given by bloggers to new bloggers. Liebster is Deutsche for dearest, beloved, or favorite. The award goes back to 2011. You can check out all the official rules here.
No, I don’t have a physical award sitting on my shelf, but I do have the pride in my own blog instilled to me by a fellow blogger. That means so much more! Plus, I don’t have to dust it off!
Part of accepting the nomination means I need to answer some questions from Tara. These questions are meant to give you a little more info about the face behind the blog, so hopefully you get to know me a little better from my answers.
Questions from my Nomination:
1. If you could be any superhero, who would you be and why? I would be Super Woman. Flying and X-ray vision would be really cool.
2. What is your funniest joke? Why do cows wear bells? Because their horns don’t work!
3. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go and with whom? That is tough! I’d love to go to England, Alaska, Boston, New York City, Nashville, Colorado, Wyoming, Hawaii. I haven’t traveled much so the list is long, but I would definitely take my family with me!
4. What is your favorite book or series? I love anything by James Patterson. He has some awesome series like the Alex Cross series or Women’s Murder Club series.
5. How do you balance blogging with the rest of your life? It is a work in progress for sure. I run my own in home daycare so I just pick up my laptop whenever I have a chance.
6. What is the one post made by you that you like the most, and why? My favorite post so far is, My Biggest Struggle: Mom Guilt. It is completely honest and real to my day-to-day life. No sugar-coating on that one. I also love all my children’s book lists, because I love to read and feel it’s important to do with your kiddos.
7. What actor or actress would play you in the movie about your life? Sandra Bullock or Meg Ryan. I love both of them, but Michelle Monaghan did grow up really close to my hometown so she’d be a good pick too!
8. What is the most delicious food you have ever eaten? Ice Cream!! I know that’s not a very exciting pick, but it’s my favorite. If my metabolism would let me, I’d eat it everyday!!
9. What is your favorite quote and by whom? “What if I fall? Oh but my darling, what if you fly?” By Erin Hanson
10. Describe yourself in three words. Thoughtful, Organized and Mom
11. Knowing what you know now, what advice would you give your 13-year-old self? Spend a lot more time with Dad. He will be gone way too soon and there’s so much he can teach you.
My Nominees for the Liebster Award!
Now, this was the really fun part! I got to read through a bunch of new blogs just so I could share the love by nominating a few. So, without further ado, the nominees are…..
JthreeNme – Nicole is 100% authentic in her mommy feelings centered posts. Sometimes it feels like she’s looking in my window all day and writing about it.
Messy & Mine – Jess has a great blog, and if you are planning a trip to Disney World you definitely need to check her out. I know I’ll be referencing her blog when we start to plan our vacation.
Live Well Play Together – Mary Leigh has so many awesome posts on her blog. I love all the kid activities she shows, as well as the recipes. She also has a lot of goodies for expecting moms as she updates on her own pregnancy.
Trombetta Tales – Shanna and I share a love for reading so I fell in love with her blog right away! She has lots of great children’s books suggestions as well as mommy life tales.
Travis Party of Four – Kelly’s blog is an honest look at motherhood. She shares experiences that we all have, and reminds us that it’s okay to feel lost it in all.
- What skill would you like to master?
- If you didn’t need sleep, what would you do with your extra time?
- What fictional place would you most like to go?
- What is a small thing that is guaranteed to make a bad day better?
- If you could pick an age to be forever, how old would you be?
- What is your favorite day of the year?
- What’s the farthest you’ve ever been from home?
- What is something that a ton of people are obsessed with but you just don’t get the point of?
- If all jobs had the same pay and hours, what job would you like to have?
- What movie title best describes your life?
Again, thank you so much to Tara for the nominations. Congratulations to my nominees. I had so much fun discovering these great new bloggers, and I can’t wait to see where they take their blogs!